Marble sculpture lecture Sun. Apr 14 Elmhurst IL

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you for the excellent presentation, Walter, and for the autographed book of a sampling of the Staglieno sculptures.

It was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife, Fely. Kathy and I look forward to visiting your studio later in the year. Will call.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The lecture is at the Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art in Elmhurst, IL.
Just across the street from my old alma mater. I used to visit the museum sometimes to kill time between classes. I'm sure it's changed a lot in 45 years.

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I used to go to Al's Hobby Shop all the time and it was only about a half mile away from the Lizzadro. I didn't know it was there at the time.

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
The museum is located in a nice park in a nice town. It is a small museum with an emphasis on quality rather than quantity in the collection. Some samples of the permanent collection can be seen at http://lizzadromuseum.org/collection6.html, but many of the most exquisite pieces are not depicted on the website.

It is difficult to believe it humanly possible to create such art. As to a couple of the pieces, I still don't believe it, even after seeing it.

Walter S. Arnold and his wife are very nice people. Walter is the stone carver and is Visiting Artist in Residence at the Lizzadro and serves on the board of directors. He keeps a studio in Elgin, Il., and another in Italy, near Genoa. We have seen some of his pieces posted here on the Cafe. He is a true master.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors