Make your own custom True Type Font

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Arnaud's thread about the rings engraved with the Elvish font reminded me of this website where you can generate your own True Type Font. It's easy to do. You download and print a form, fill it out, scan it and upload it to the website. It will generate a custom made font you can install and use on your computer just as you do with any other font. This may be a way to make a font from your favorite method of hand engraving letters.:thumbsup:

Click here: http://www.yourfonts.com/

(Sorry... it's no longer free.) :confused::eek:

Last edited:
If you have more time than money and want to create your own fonts, there are some instructions on the net for doing so. All you need is a copy of CorelDraw. Mine is many years old and came in a bundle when I bought a printer. The antique font I created was based on scans of a type face from an Eaton and Glover engraving machine from around 1900. Getting it done was very time consuming but I wanted to still have the type fonts when I gave the machine to a museum.
The letter "K" which I use as my image for these messages represents one of the letters from a set of interlocking monogram fonts, one vertical, one horizontal.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
thanks for this. i think many will find this fascinating, if not downright useful to try.

Latest posts

Sponsors