MagnaGraver

Bob Rearley

Magna Graver II
Recently purchased a used Magna Graver II , however, it came with little info. I Find when I insert the graver into the collet that the top flat is not parallel with the top flat of the handle. Thus you have to twist the handle for the point to cut in the correct plane. Is there an adjustment for this? I have called the phone number listed on the website but there is no answer. I was told by a well known engraver that the owner passed away in June. Does anyone know how to reach the company anyone knI woulddoes anyone know greatly appreciate any suggestions on how I might contact a principle in the company.
Thanks, Bob

pkroyer

On mine, there is a set screw that allows you to twist the front. I loosened it a little just now and was able to twist the graver about 25 degrees. Probably, I could loosen it more and get more movement. You might unscrew the screws holding the black plate on top and see how it works. I think the instructions called for grease in that area. Your results may vary.

No one has answered the phone for several years. If you search on the Café, there was a thread where his daughter had a few items to sell. You might find this and see if she has any info. Also, his son was involved for a while. Keep in mind that the owner was over ninety, and his children are probably retired.

Latest posts

Sponsors