Help, please: Magnablock Faulure

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was working on something pretty wide and I extended the jaws to far. They came if the screw. Now I can't get the back on. Is there a trick to do this?

Guess its not my day for spelling either... Maybe I just need to go back to bed.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Went and lasted down. 2 minutes later. DUH!!! It has specific left and right sides. While they where off I cleaned it and put the screw back in backwards. The left threaded jaw insert also slipped too low. With a flip of the screw and an adjustment in the alignment if the insert it went together easily.

Lesson... Take breaks every once in awhile.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If you can't get it back together let me know tomorrow morning I'll find the owners manual send you a picture

Carlos De La O III

tundratrekers@mtaonline.n

Elite Cafe Member
Put an rubber band around the jaws then work the screw so they both thread at the same time,due to being pulled to the screw by the rubber band.
michael

Sorry ,didnt see your second post, glad its fixed.

Last edited:

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The problem was I accidentally put the screw in backwards. The left thread was on the right side. The right thread was on the left side. Didn't work well.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The problem was I accidentally put the screw in backwards. The left thread was on the right side. The right thread was on the left side. Didn't work well.

yeah, one side is "lefty loosey, righty tighty", but the other...

a tip- when reinserting the jaws (besides making sure you have the RH & LH jaws at the correct ends of the screw shaft), either have someone push them gently together or use the big rubber band trick mentioned above, then sloooowly turn the screw backwards (CCW if you're at the usual end used during actual use) until you feel one jaw click or jump in at the start of its thread, then continue to turn screw in that direction until the other side does the same. now reverse the screw direction to pull the jaws into the vise. run them all the way into the middle- if they meet at the center, you're good to go. if there's a small, slightly off-center gap, go back and try it again.

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
This is why I read almost every thread....Just in case! You never know when something like this will happen and someone else either finds the fix or somebody chimes in... either way I learned something that may applt to me or a fellow engraver in the future.

Donny

Latest posts

Sponsors