Question: Leica stands on a flat bench?

Guys i have a question, i'm thinking of pairing a height adjustable bench with a leica scope (pointing out that the stand will be sitting on the bench plane as well as the vise, no drawer or cutout to fit the vise lower), i'm wondering how the different stands would fair if there is not a lower plane to put my vise on, ideally i'd pair a a leica a 60 with a flex stand together with a standard grs vise(should be around 6 inches or 15.5 cm in height), but to my understanding the space for focusing and/or adjusting the microscope height would be almost at the end of the range of movement of the stand.. maybe a GRS acrobat versa would be better? I cannot seem to find the measurements of that particular stand on the internet though.

Do you guys that own such microscopes think that would be possible? Mind running a test so i don't have to also buy a new bench together with the microscopes?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Simone

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
I have my microscope mounted to my bench. And the ball vise on the bench. So both on the same surface.
It was a regular jewelers-bench. I did cut off bit of the legs. To get the workbench surface lower. So I can rest my arms on it when working.

allan621

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
A GRS acrobat stand is great. It bolts flush to the bench top. The microscope holder can be adjusted to various heights which helps quite a bit. I engrave incredibly small pieces of jewelry and large trophies and the height adjustment really helps. My vise is on a Steve Lindsay stand and that also makes positioning the scope easier.

wild willie

Guys i have a question, i'm thinking of pairing a height adjustable bench with a leica scope (pointing out that the stand will be sitting on the bench plane as well as the vise, no drawer or cutout to fit the vise lower), i'm wondering how the different stands would fair if there is not a lower plane to put my vise on, ideally i'd pair a a leica a 60 with a flex stand together with a standard grs vise(should be around 6 inches or 15.5 cm in height), but to my understanding the space for focusing and/or adjusting the microscope height would be almost at the end of the range of movement of the stand.. maybe a GRS acrobat versa would be better? I cannot seem to find the measurements of that particular stand on the internet though.

Do you guys that own such microscopes think that would be possible? Mind running a test so i don't have to also buy a new bench together with the microscopes?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Simone
i have a60 leica with flex arm stand mounted on top of my bench. from the bottom of the light on scope to raising the scope up is 4 7/8 inches above the top of my bench. when i lower the scope below the surface of the bench its 13 inches. Note i had to make a 5 inch flat bar to drop the scope down to fit my needs. the plate was an easy fix , i added it to the end of the arm with 4 screws and another hole for the scope mount. i also have the 0.63 lens at the bottom of the scope. i had a miji with acrobat stand and it had about a 24 inch vertical bar mounted to the bench top that u could slide the arm up and down and the acro arm could move up and down from there. i cant give measurements cause i sold the unit. as i remember the acrobat stand and arm had more movement than the flex arm both up and down and then if u add the 24 inch up and down arm it was substantial. all that said i still like the flex arm better for me. thats just me. hope that helps.

Thanks! I eas wondering how tall the post on the acrobat would be, it seems substantial, i did a few experiments and the flex arm needs to be mounted a few inches on top of your working table to be used properly, i'll see if i can find a few real measurements, but from what i heard the acrobat should be more than enough for my needs

Latest posts

Sponsors