Lee valley tools gift catalog

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
lee valley tools.com a great gift catalog. amongst others- a 20-40 zoomer for around $13 bucks. i'm thinkin this would be good for checking tool points. also some drawing/design gadgets. i orded one today will let you all know how it works.

Last edited:

leo

Elite Cafe Member
nice monk I just order a couple of chisels and I am looking into that metal lathe they sell

monk

Staff member
the cat. i was referring to was the christmas "gift" catalog. i'll admit their main cat. is loaded with stuff i either cant afford, or worse, don't know how to use.

monk

Staff member
nah, she has developed a genuine trust in me after my last incarceration. about the little scope, it came today. nice for 13 bucks. fits nicely beside my powerhone. fairly good image at 40x ! no longer have to remember where my 20x loupe is when doing tools. has a nice, brite, led illuminator built in. the downside: battery replacement would be a bit inconvenient. and as with any true microscope, the image is reversed. unless you're used to a scope with fov reversed, would be a pita for most folks.
i'd avise against it. esp if you have no young ones in the family to give it to santa, you know, in case you don't like it
roger bleile mentioned some time ago that he had a pocket-sized pen scope that he really enjoyed. the distributor of this scope also has a pen type, led illuminated one that goes to 50x. i will try that one as well. info on that later.

Last edited: