leather staming on metal!!!

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
leather stamping on metal!!!

Well I've been trying to learn how to engrave a new style of floral pattern.Trying to get the balance right and remembering which elements go with what flower is important with this "California style carving"
My camera battery died before I could get a good photo,Sorry!!
copper practice corner.jpg

Last edited:

Dulltool

Elite Cafe Member
I think you are really on to something with this style..... Very very nice.

This would lend it's self to darker metals like copper or bronze very nicely

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
That's really cool. I shot a pic of a practice plate Diane Scalese did with a similar leather carving floral style. It really caught my eye as does yours. Yeah, you should definitely pursue this more as it's got good potential. :thumbsup:

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I like it very much and looking forward to your new camera battery....
Can you tell a bit more about your way of working on this piece?? (whiche gravers, technique etc.)
Thanks for showing !!!

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ty- yes I did.
Willem-I used a square graver 40* face and 12-1/2*lift parallel heel grind 40*each side.the rest is pretty much as you would go about any other except that I try to stay with hand power as much as possible.

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beautiful!!! I was fooling around with that style also after I saw some really cool Sheridan Style that Diane Scalese cut on the GRS featured photos. Your stuff looks amazing! Thanks for sharing. Seth

Foster

Very cool! I have been wanting to experiment with chasing and repousse in addition to engraving to achieve a 3D, sculpted look like that. It's very impressive that you did it with a square graver!