Leaf script "L"

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I just completed this engraving for the Leaf Script chapter on my next video.

leaf_script_L.jpg

Sam

Staff member
Thanks Caty. There are chapters on brightcut script, wriggled block lettering, stippled script, Roman lettering, variations of Roman, and leaf script :)

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
as i was explaining to a friend recently (who sent me the link to the video on David Smith's John Mayer album artwork), i love doing ornamental lettering, but have virtually no call for it- especially at a scale that would warrant/allow for this much elaborate detail. what are you guys cutting these magnificent initials & monograms on?

i just did a very nice monogram in gold & platinum on the trigger guard of my nephew's new Krieghoff K80 and while it's fairly large by knife & gun standards, you could still cover it with the tip of your pinky...

(btw, Sam- how big is this leaf script L?)

Sam

Staff member
Mitch: I engrave them on signet rings, pendants, etc. The size of this one is about 2cm tall and is engraved in copper.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
so this particular letter is about 2 cm tall x 2.75 cm wide? the monogram i just did might've been 2 cm tall, but maybe barely 1 cm wide, for three initials.

coincidentally, i just finished Andrew Klavan's "True Crime", in which a monogrammed locket figures into the story...

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
nice looking stuff, sam. in maybe 4 more lifetimes i'll get half this good.

Sam

Staff member
thanks folks :)

Robert: There are no sets included with the video. Part of the objective is to inspire you to draw your own lettering :pencil:

I don't have a release date at this time. :thinking: