Leaf script B with scrolls

James Roettger

Elite Cafe Member
Very nice, I am currently working on a commission for a cut out leaf script. I notice you have one leaf up and one down per stem. Is that the classic formula? The jeweler I am doing it for provided the sample piece shown in the attached photo.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That would make a great belt buckle!

I have the same question. In class we were told not to have scrolls going opposite directions on the same stem. They look fine here. So what's the rule? Rules are made to be broken?

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think it evolves from the way script lettering was taught and cut prior to pneumatic equipment. Basically here the leaves are originating from the classic direction script lettering has been.

I could of course be totally wrong.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great to know you where in London. That makes me curious about what they know over there about engraving. My son lives and works inLondon and me and my wife go there several times a year. I never seem much of engraved items, neither in London or west Europe.

Arnaud

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Where have you been Arnaud? Haven't seen you lately.

I met more engravers in London than any other show except FEGA. Many are seal engravers (heraldic rings, etc). It's a very nice city but I didn't have much time to explore because I was working. Maybe next time I'll have extra time, but Hurricane Isaac caused me to depart the US a day late.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam, I'm still on a vacation in the south of France called "les Landes". It is at the Atlantic ocean well known by surfers and for its most beautifully beach in Europe.

I'll be back home the 19th.

Sunny regards from France, arnaud

Thing is that even having my iPad with me, the Internet in France isn't that what it should be. I'm not here to look at a computer screen all day but it is always nice to participate the forums once in a while when nothing else to do.

Last edited:

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Enjoy your holiday Arnaud; I was in the south of France as well (Avignon and Arles) on vacation and it´s really nice to be there (especialy the temperture!!!).
I also like London , so Sam must have a great time as well.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I love it Sam! I'm still waiting for you to publish a complete Leaf Script Alphabet. I'm sure there are many who would jump at the chance to have a set. Just like your helpful monogram set.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors