Latest work

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here's a knife I just finished for a customer. He ordered it for his new son-in-law to be. I wish I would've had time to have Coop shoot some pictures of it for me but I didn't. I build quite a few of this model liner lock folder and do a lot of the filework on them. I like this rope pattern filework. The handle is mesquite burl, the bolsters and blade are double stainless Damascus from Devin Thomas. It has a 3" blade and also has a Damascus thumb stud with some filework on it. Has the same engraving on the back side as well.

Dwayne

Last edited:

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great job Dwayne on the knife, the engraving, and the file work. Digging the rope border. I have watched your dvd a couple of times. Take care and thanks for posting. Seth

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks fantastic to me also Dwayne. The son-in-law should be ecstatic to receive that gift. Great looking knife, damascus, burl AND creative engraving!

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
Very well done my friend. Nothing better than to kneel at the Cross.

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
Nice work, Doug! Your knife has everything. Mesquite burl is the prettiest wood on earth. The file work is outstanding and the engraving compliments the damasus perfectly. One af the best looking folders I've seen lately.
Best,

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks guys for the kind comments. Jay is a police officer here in town and has bought a couple of knives from me but nothing with Damascus, filework, or engraving. Here's one that I made for him a couple of years ago

Anyway this young man that is marrying his daughter is a sweet kid and they really think a lot of him. I told Jay I had never heard of a bachelor party where the guys got gifts and he said they weren't about the traditional bachelor party. I was proud of him for that. Anyway he said Brandon had made a comment to him that he liked the praying cowboy picture a while back and he wanted to surprise him with that. When I drew the pattern up I wasn't thinking about how small the smallest scrolls were going to be when I shrunk it down. Man!!!!! They were small for my big ole mits. Anyway Brandon and his folks came to town from Missouri and Jay brought them by my shop so I could give it to him and really liked it. I like the thought of the picture being a constant reminder if what is important in our lives.

Mike, everything is cut pretty deep, I didn't do any bulino dots, I'm not there yet :( But I will be one day. Thanks again for all the kind comments. I really enjoy being able to engrave the knives I make more than those of others, I don't mind doing others knives, I just like doing it more on my own pieces.

Dwayne

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors