Latest knife commission finished.

Jörmungandr

Elite Cafe Member
Right, a bit different compared to the normal engravings on our Café, I figured I might show you what I've been up to lately. Would be glad to hear all your opinions about it.

Blade steel is Elmax, the materials in the handle is birch burl and reindeer antler. This also happens to be my first sole authorship knife.

The engraving on the antler is coloured with oil colour.

PICT0309RED.jpg PICT0313red.jpg

//Daniel Qvarnström

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Very unique! I like the flow of this weapon...when you say commission does that mean the client gave you a general idea of what they were looking for in the way of drop nose, burl, design layout??? Just curious how much input clients give when you start a project.

By the way, the fit and finish looks superb.

Donny

Jörmungandr

Elite Cafe Member
Very unique! I like the flow of this weapon...when you say commission does that mean the client gave you a general idea of what they were looking for in the way of drop nose, burl, design layout??? Just curious how much input clients give when you start a project.

By the way, the fit and finish looks superb.

Donny

Hello Donny, thank you for your comment.

The specifics vary from commission to commission. It can be anything from a specific request on length/colour to more like loose wishes. Maybe the client wants to use it for certain tasks and needs to be adapted to that. I've gotten a few requests for a particular shape the butt of the handle and colour of the wood, for example :). On this particular one I was given free reigns with only a few pointers to what the owner likes. Actually, he had one request, that it should look fast, hope I came through with that one :)

So far I have been very lucky with the commissions I've gotten. All of them has given me very free reigns within a budget/function. They have so far allowed me to follow my instinct and make the best that I can.

//DQ

Jörmungandr

Elite Cafe Member
He sure looks fast Daniël, the Indian motorcycle logo comes to my mind when I look at it.
Very beautiful knife!

Thank you mate! I hope everything is well in Holland? And that the heat is not too bad :)

That's a stunning knife you have made. Everything fits together perfectly to give it a very rich look.

Fantastic!!

Cheers
Andrew

Thank you Andrew, that means alot coming from a designer such as yourself.

//DQ

Sponsors