Knife " desktop " of the seventeenth century

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
Hello friends :

I recently completed several works recorded on a penknife ( XVII century reproduction ) . Special Project unique pieces I wanted to do for a few months .

Desktop knives made ​​by master cutler Jose Exposito (Albacete ) . Reproduction in form and design, inspired by a knife penknife Albacete , which belongs to an important private collection and is currently in the Cutlery Museum of Albacete.

*Specifically asked the teacher Exposito, I eschew several of these knives knife , to make a personalized engraving with Montejano family style .

For now, I have finished 4 of these knives , unique pieces, where I recorded different styles (Egyptian , Romanesque, arabesque and XVII century ) .

*The engraving to " aqua forte" has been made with a craft as it was in centuries past, with the familiar technique inherited from the nineteenth century .

Each knife is unique , being necessary an individual study , as a huge number of working hours. The result is a reproduction of a knife Pocket Knife as made ​​in Albacete ( Spain ) , being worthy pieces of the best collection of Spanish or international cutlery .

The old pocketknife were used by clerks and secretaries , to cut the tips of the feathers and scrape the corrections. There are very few old pieces of this type and were made in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries . On occasion these knife accompanied by old scissors game to desktop .

*Montejano
----------------

------------

----------------

------------

----------------

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
this, to me, is beyond excellent. you have set standards that few, if any, will ever meet.

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
:bow::bow::bow:

Thanks to all the friends, by words.
I am in a stage of my life very creative and hopefully make new projects delude me.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
As the others have said, your work is as exquisite as always - perhaps even more so! :bow:

I'm also fascinated by the simple and elegant design of the knives. You can see how well suited they are to their task, and how they're meant to be simple, uncluttered tools. And yet, even so they have a beauty in their design. I can see a knife of this pattern done in say, Damascus, being considered a treasure no embellishment added.

With your lovely work on them these are just about beyond words.

Thank you for providing the series of pictures, taking us in from the overall design and then moving closer and closer in for a better view of all those details.

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Antonio,

excellent work, very clear and accurate done, thanks for showing

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've been away from the forum for a while, and I get to see this first thing back!! Very impressive. Thank you for showing your work. It is awe inspiring.

Latest posts

Sponsors