Knife “best project to date”

ByrnBucks

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Good evening to all,

Well I’ve officially stared at this too long haha and just finished the shading.
This knife started as an exercise in design… I had it mounted in the block for a few months trying desperately to come up with a decent design, well that never happened.

Finally just penciled on the backbones and went to cutting. Next, only drawing on a couple of elements at a time then cutting them felt quite comfortable.

Had I transferred a design and a couple of elements been off I’d be stuck without the skill or design capabilities to save what might have been a good piece, so this free form approach felt very “low stakes” if that makes sense.

Anyways its not perfect but nothing ever is, however every project feels slightly better than the last and this one felt like a leap forward.

Feel free critique this in any way as I’ll be diving into the next one having learned several things to approach differently. But Id love some insight as to what others see right or wrong.

I still need to work on my drawing skills a lot as many elements didn’t have coherent shading path and really stumped me for much longer than care to admit haha.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and thanks for looking. IMG_8984.jpeg IMG_8987.jpeg IMG_8986.jpeg IMG_8985.jpeg IMG_8988.jpeg

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Hello Byrn, looking good!!
A very handsome piece to celebrate Easter with..
And a remarkable amount of background work.

Keep 'em coming!
John B.

ByrnBucks

:::Pledge Member:::
Thank you sir, I appreciate that and am glad the background reflects the extra time put in. 2nd attempt at cross hatch background and thought it would go faster and be more consistent than stippling… only the latter turned out to be true.

Latest posts

Sponsors