Kershaw Wedding Gift from the bride

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
I have hand engraved many knives for groomsmen gifts but this is the first time a bride has commissioned me to engrave a wedding gift for her new husband! She picked out a quality stainless steel Kershaw folding pocket knife. She asked to have his name, the wedding date, a special scripture on the back and something depicting the fall season. Room for improvement but I really enjoyed cutting this one for her :)

How was engraving that steel. I tried engraving a Kershaw but have a heck of a time even cutting into the surface. Maybe I was doing something wrong. What type of graver did you use?

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
How was engraving that steel. I tried engraving a Kershaw but have a heck of a time even cutting into the surface. Maybe I was doing something wrong. What type of graver did you use?

I use a 105 and 116 carbide and carbalt gravers for engraving the stainless steel Kershaw knives. I use a slightly dubbed point which reduces, but does not eliminate chipping. Stainless just takes a bit more patience than other materials and more sharpening is to be expected. Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Sponsors