Just throwing it out there

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
In the wake of all the bad weather that's decended upon the Dallas-Ft. Worth Texas area, I gave my adopted mom & dad, Liz and Ron Smith, a call today to see how they're doing.
All is well at the Smith residence. The storms passed on both sides and left them with just the rain.
It's always nice to hear their voices.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
There are youtube videos of 18-wheeler trailers spinning in the air in those Texas tornados. Absolutely terrifying. I'm glad to know Liz & Ron are safe and sound, and thank you for the update. I sure wish we could get Ron back to the Cafe. I don't know if his computer died or what. :thinking:

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for calling the Smiths, Brian,

Sure was good to see them in Reno this past January.

I chatted a bit with Liz, Ron nearby, and the subject of the Forum came up. She said that when Ron was posting regularly, he was never one to do things in half measure, and he would be posting in his usual generous fashion, such that he was at the keyboard more than was good for him, and she felt it was maybe a little too much. I think his computer is indeed down, but I got the feeling that a sabbatical year away from it might be appropriate. I know the feeling, I would like to take a sabbatical away from my darn flutes, I should Google the word 'leisure', I hear tell it might sometimes be good for you. Like you all, I do miss him. He and I had talked casually a while back about setting down some of his life stories and wisdom onto video in a fireside conversation kind of a way. I have the gear, and have done that sort of thing before. Maybe if I do take some time to wander, exploring the meaning of that word 'leisure', I should throw a camcorder and a guitar in my minivan and drift his way. I miss them.

Rod

Last edited:

Sponsors