Just got my new QC tool holders

wowilson

Elite Cafe Member
I had these tool handles made by a machinist friend of mine. one is brass and the other is stainless. They won't make me a better engraver, but they are a pleasure to use, and feel, and look at, etc. P.S. that isn't my dirty hand, that belong to the machinist.
3 Graver handles.jpg

scott99

Elite Cafe Member
Hi,very nice, I have noticed people that make things often have dirty hands. The ones in the photo did a fine job for you.

scott99

Martin Strolz

Elite Cafe Member
They look very good, but in my mind these will be too heavy for hand engraving. Even the GRS holder with the rubber handle already is quite heavy. In case you slip you will find that heavy tools leave an even more worse damage because of their big interia.
I use my QC-tools in the powered handpiece, as a push graver and as a chisel.
Martin

Attachments

• graver handles.jpg
    graver handles.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 263
  • chisel handle.jpg
    chisel handle.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 260

mrthe

Martin very beautyfull handles! wich type of wood are made of?

wowilson

Elite Cafe Member
The brass tool holder is actually lighter than the GRS holder, and the Stainless is 1 oz. heavier than the GRS. The weights are all comparable, and since I will be using them for bulino work I don't think the inertia will be much of an issue.

BKJ

Elite Cafe Member
Wow... those are beautiful.

Ask if he'd make me a brass one and or a stainless one and what he would charge for them.

Thanks

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
New tools always make us better! The only problem is the effect wears off and then we have to get more new tools ;)

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Martin,

I still treasure my hand made 'Strolz' chisel. Life teaches me that we are creatures of ritual. Your gift of the chisel is, for me, a sort of unspoken 'laying on of hands'. It communicates a subconscious, "yes, you can". It puts wind in our sails, and we try harder.

Rod

JakeW

Very cool! I would be interested in purchasing one as well depending on how much. The wood ones our cool too! If you have any of those for sale would be interested in those also.