JJ Roberts ENgraving School

jcarpenter

I had the pleasure of attending JJ Roberts Engraving School this weekend. I am a rank beginner and went to him for a general how to get started, some instruction on hammer and chisel, and I wanted to play with air graver toys, of which JJ has a complete set. JJ sat me down and showed me some sharpening, layout of scrolls, design transfer, shading, finishing, bluing, shop set up, air graver set up and operation, and a whole lot of background information. I cannot believe his portraits. JJ, thanks for everything.

John C

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
wow ! sounds like jj gave you a post doctorate level of education in the art of engraving. let us see some of your work, please.

jcarpenter

JJ Engraving School

Monk, I wish I was to the point where there was work to show. My schedule allows me a few hours a week to work on this. At 30 hours into it there are a few practice plates that would be embarrassing to show. It is painfully obvious what the mistakes are and what learning is needed. Draw draw draw. Practice practice practice.

John C

TheEngravedLine

JJ is awesome

I went to JJ's weekend "intro to gun engraving" school. He really inspired me and it was one of the best things I ever did. You can always get a hold of him to answer all of your stupid questions. He is awesome!!!

Latest posts

Sponsors