Jim Kelso fan club

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I opened the Engraver and was enthralled by Jim's work. I have seen glimpses in the past but never appreciated it as I now do. Well, well, well done. The wonderfully simple or simply wonderful designs are world class by any standard. Thanks for the article and photos. When I get some time I look forward to absorbing your website and tutorials.:clapping:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I'm a charter member of the Jim Kelso Fan Club! He's a brilliant artist and one helluva nice guy.

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Mr. Kelso has a wide audience, his work has surely inspired many. May his mind and eye stay sharp and hand steady.

Bob

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
how one can utilize simplicity to achieve such extraodinary results is a mystery to my mind. anything i've seen done by him is just mysteriously beautiful, mesmerizing work.

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
I bought a couple of more traditional books in another style from Jim Kelso a while ago.

Then I searched online for photos of his work. I was amazed. His work has opened up a whole new world of art for me.

Last edited:

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
As a jeweler going on my 28th year, I always love to find work that makes me say "how on earth?". It happened to me in the New Orleans museum when I was 12 looking at a Faberge egg. The older I got, the less that happened. And then I found you guys! I'm astounded now at least once a week.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm also a huge fan of Jim Kelso's work. His article as well as those from Rod Cameron, Lee Griffiths, David Riccardo, Fred Bowen, Tim Wells, Roger Henrichs and Andrew Biggs' coverage of Reno add up to a fantastic issue of The Engraver.

santos

Elite Cafe Member
I'm another fan of Jim's work , long life to him !

Thanks to Jim for his tutorial on engraving the owl ...

Jim Kelso

Elite Cafe Member
Gosh guys, thanks for all the comments. (humbled smiley) Much appreciated. I just saw this as I only got back from Japan Thursday and am just catching up.
Many thanks to Andrew for asking me to contribute!

Jim

Latest posts

Sponsors