Jewelry box

JMiller

Elite Cafe Member
This was another Christmas gift for my mom, she likes them ( or at least she says so? ) it is pewter. I was a bit rushed (waited almost too long to get it done in time) , so I turned to Sam’s book for ideas and borrowed some designs modified a little… but all in all turned out okay.
IMG_6367.jpeg

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
This was another Christmas gift for my mom, she likes them ( or at least she says so? ) it is pewter. I was a bit rushed (waited almost too long to get it done in time) , so I turned to Sam’s book for ideas and borrowed some designs modified a little… but all in all turned out okay.
View attachment 52374
Very nice

allan621

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Its very hard to get such a clean complex design on pewter. Pewter can be really tough to work on and requires a lot of control since the graver can sink if put in at the wrong angle. To get this kind of detail, and especially shading is amazing. To me this is just plain amazing. Congratulations.

Allan

JMiller

Elite Cafe Member
Its very hard to get such a clean complex design on pewter. Pewter can be really tough to work on and requires a lot of control since the graver can sink if put in at the wrong angle. To get this kind of detail, and especially shading is amazing. To me this is just plain amazing. Congratulations.

Allan
Yes, it’s very soft easy to scratch… requires a sharp graver and a light touch but nice to cut once you get used to it.

Sponsors