Interesting Concept

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i did a bit of touch-up on an old Vierling about a year ago- the only one i've ever seen 'in the flesh'. seems to me it had 16g shotgun bores, plus 8 x 57 centerfire & .22LR rifle bores.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
take-down,Thats all any hunter would need,thanks for sharing I always enjoy looking at beautify engraved firearms.:thumbsup: J.J.

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::

Eugene Carkoski

Elite Cafe Member
Now you know why they had gun bearers, back in the day. Pretty or not it must have weighed ton. The wood looks as good as the gun.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You would be surprised how light and well balanced these guns can be. One of my drillings (3 barreled guns) has an aluminum frame and only weighs about six pounds. Most drillings and vierlings have shorter barrels in the 24-26 inch range. You can shoot them and have no sense that there is a rifle barrel below the shotgun barrels.

Texasgerd

Elite Cafe Member
Drilling weight

I'll second Roger's input....drilling's are very easy to carry and are called the weapon of choice for a truly efficient predator.
Most drillings, block drillings (rifle/rifle/shotgun) and verling’s I've handled were in the 7lb class with the quick detach scopes bringing them near 8.5-9lbs. The fully supported barrel setup makes this type of rifle very accurate.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mitch, do you recall how much that Vierling weighed?

i don't recall that it was unduly heavy- nothing like the JP Sauer & Sohn .450 with the 'clamshell' frame i also worked on last year. that dang thing should have had wheels like field artillery piece...

Latest posts

Sponsors