inside ring engraving

celticjohn

I took the big leap and a long journey to the USA over the Easter weekend to take 3 days tuition with Mike Dubber. Should have done this a long time ago. The hours of guess work and the steep learning curve I experienced since I started this engraving journey could have been halved or quartered with some personal guidance. I recommend for any new beginner to take some classes, it was a long haul but well worth it. Anyway inside ring engraving was one of the topics myself and Mike touched upon and here are some of my latest attempts. The engravings are done on brass "plumber's" rings from the local DIY store. They're not ideal but cheap. I already had the GRS inside ring engraved just need to know how to use it.

Attachments

• inside ring1.jpg
    inside ring1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 346
  • inside ring 2.jpg
    inside ring 2.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 343
  • inside ring 3.jpg
    inside ring 3.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 343

mgdesigns

I used copper pipe, and cut off a piece with a tubing cutter, the right width to practice first. With a few different sizes of pipe on hand I can stretch up or compress down as needed to replicate the piece I need to do. The inside hand engraving is the most difficult task I do, and I wish I could find the right combination of gravers to to fit my GRS handpieces to make this easier.

mrthe

Goid job !!!

Me too i use copper pipe for practice ring blanks, i had make a little video time ago is in spanish but i think that people can understand:
[video=youtube;lubSnhv0as4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lubSnhv0as4[/video]

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
very nice looking. early on, i discovered i'd never want to try 9nside rings again.

garyue

Hello:

Is there any computer font anyone can recomend for making a transfer for inside ring engraving???

Thanks in advance for any help..

GaryUE