Inkjet printer for pigment black ink

Flatsguide

I need more printer resolution than I’m currently getting from my laser printer for transfer. I had a dandy small HP that used HP number 65 ink but it was lost in the move. What are you guys using that uses pigment black it? Don’t need all the bells and whistles, just something inexpensive.
Thanks Richard

Rannis

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I’ve had good luck with a Canon 3500 series inkjet
I have found that some of the older recommended printers aren’t compatible with newer operating systems

DaveatWeirs

I got really good results by tricking my printer into doing higher resolution prints buy making my initial image 200% the size I needed and then telling the printer to scale it down 50% when it was printing. I haven't tried it on a HP printer but worked on a Brother brand one

Peter spode

Most HP inkjet printers use pigment ink for the black cartridge. I use the cheapest HP printers and they have all been OK.
P

Flatsguide

Thanks guys, still looking. I’m finding out the opposite, at least here in Eastern TN, the HP printers Black cartridges are ink base #67 instead of the #65 pigment base.

Mike576

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I use a HP 1001nw never stop printer. Got it at Best Buy for like 175$ and still running off the starter cartridge. Gets pretty great transfer results with acetone. Here’s an example of a pretty average transfer. Gets a bit dark in the shaded areas. Just looked it up and now they run for 350$. Damn Covid. Maybe if you can snag one used? IMG_1641.jpeg IMG_0843.jpeg

Flatsguide

I bought a Hp 3755 from Best Buy. Will be delivered on the 20th. It uses pigment black ink and a resolution of 1200 /1200 with the black ink. It cost 80 bucks. Will let you guys know how it works when I get it up and running.
thanks for all you help guys.
cheers Richard

Latest posts

Sponsors