I'm proud to announce! oh and also looking for a bowling ball

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Im proud to announce the birth of my new hobby...thank you all!!! REALLY THANK YOU

this is what i bought i know im missing more items but thats all the "dinero" (money) i have for now...

Foot Control, Lindsay Classic engraving set w/ sharpener
Set Includes:
Classic handpiece
Dual Regulators with Foot Control
Tungsten Dead blow piston
CarbaltXD graver blanks 5 pack
M42 graver blanks 5 pack
Lindsay Sharpener set with basic templates, Includes: Sharpening fixture, 6"x6' sharpening base, four diamond bench stones (260, 600, 1200, 2000), plus 4 templates: Universal, Detailing, 105, and Flat & Knife Combo:handpiece:

Cant wait to get started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clapping:

on what i have no idea..hahahahh

Any one want to donate a bowling ball? none at my local goodwill and my town is small no one selling one used...any help greatly appreciated

tundratrekers@mtaonline.n

Elite Cafe Member
Go to the bowling alley,buy an retired one.

I would have got the vise first.
But it is what it is.
You really lose a lot of the advantages of having an air graver by not having an precision ball vise.
Welcome ,and hope you love it.
God Bless
michael

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I can't see a bowling ball vise having a glassy smooth rotation which is necessary for engraving. It might be fine for hammer & chisel work where it's not turned while you're cutting, but for handpiece engraving I believe you could be seriously hampered. Perhaps I'm way wrong on this. I haven't used this type of vise.

mrthe

Congratulations for your new tool but i agree , if you had make a serious investment now you need a decent vise or not have sense , check the second hand market maybe but buy a good vise now ;)

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I would buy a vise if I could just can't afford one now....

sent from my S3 using tapatalk 2 great app for forums

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
dililazteca,
You really need a vise. I've got a brand new GRS vise I'm not using. I'm sure we can work out a suitable deal. If you're interested, PM me.

Todd

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
All you guys must be retired, rich, or have adult kids... I've got four young ones..and all girls...expensive!

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams

Jared Eason

Elite Cafe Member
Yes.. get a vise... I didn't buy one and just decided to use a home made one I already had. Well I'm paying for it. As soon as I get the cash I'm getting a good one. I see now that its one of the first things one should get.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
dililazteca,
You really need a vise. I've got a brand new GRS vise I'm not using. I'm sure we can work out a suitable deal. If you're interested, PM me.

Todd

Your PM quota has is full I cannot send you messages... Please clear some of your messages

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Dude, I own a struggling small buisness, I drive a truck with 200K miles on it. I don't think many people get rich by saying "here's a nice vise at a nice price, pay me when you can". I'm just sayin.

Latest posts

Sponsors