I'll get this figured out some day..

golden forge

Elite Cafe Member
Hi all, Still kinda new to the Cafe, but I thought I'd post a photo of last nights scratchings. I am trying to teach myself engraving, I have been a jeweler/goldsmith for 15+ years, but haven't done much engraving.
I just bought Sam's Drawing Scrolls DVD, watched it yesterday, great video, I feel like a first year art student again, with a long way to go, but thats ok.
The piece in the photo is a 18ga brass guitar pick cut with a 120 graver. Input and advice welcome.

Attachments

• DSC03401.jpg
    DSC03401.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 231

Andrew Biggs

The only advice I can give you is to stick with it. You're off to a good start by the looks of it.

Practice as much as you can and when you are sick to death of that........practice some more.

Combine cutting with drawing with a heavy emphasis on the drawing and when you are sick to death of drawing.........draw some more. :)

Cheers
Andrew

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
very nice. your border really makes this eye catching. keep us updated, please.

golden forge

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks folks, I have been trying to get going with engraving over the last couple years, and just about tossed the idea. Five months ago decided to really try a lot harder, and it's nice to feel like I might be headed in the right direction.
Thanks again.