I would love to buy and use GRS tools, Please suggest me.

Titian

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Guys.
I'm Engraver from Thailand.
I would like to know, about GRS handpiece
Magnum or, QC 901 or, QC Monarch is good for inlay and shading in one handpiece.
And about GraverMax® G8 or GraverSmith® What's the best choose for all time work.
Please suggest me for the best choose too.
Many thanks advance for all :)

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hi Guys.
I'm Engraver from Thailand.
I would like to know, about GRS handpiece
Magnum or, QC 901 or, QC Monarch is good for inlay and shading in one handpiece.
And about GraverMax® G8 or GraverSmith® What's the best choose for all time work.
Please suggest me for the best choose too.
Many thanks advance for all :)
The 901 is the most versatile handpiece made and I use it for everything from heavy sculpting to the finest shading I'm capable of.

The GraverSmith is an excellent machine if you want to save money. The G8 has a few more features but the same quality of engraving can be accomplished with the GraverSmith. You have to compare options and see which one suits you best.

alwayslearning2012

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Hello and welcome.

Your Facebook handle suggests you might do scrimshaw work. If that is the case, then I would strongly suggest going an Air Tract route (if you can afford it). Like the GraverMach AT. The hand control feature offers something different. With the hand control, as opposed to foot control, I've found that you can do lighter first-pass cuts and maintain better handpiece control with practice. And don't forget the cutting oil. You are cutting metal after all.

It's just my opinion. Mr. Alfano's advice is rock-solid.

"What right do I have to think?"
-Signor Ugarte,
performed by Peter Lorre in Casablanca

Last edited:

Titian

Elite Cafe Member
The 901 is the most versatile handpiece made and I use it for everything from heavy sculpting to the finest shading I'm capable of.

The GraverSmith is an excellent machine if you want to save money. The G8 has a few more features but the same quality of engraving can be accomplished with the GraverSmith. You have to compare options and see which one suits you best.
Many thanks for the best suggestion, Master :)

Titian

Elite Cafe Member
Hello and welcome.

Your Facebook handle suggests you might do scrimshaw work. If that is the case, then I would strongly suggest going an Air Tract route (if you can afford it). Like the GraverMach AT. The hand control feature offers something different. With the hand control, as opposed to foot control, I've found that you can do lighter first-pass cuts and maintain better handpiece control with practice. And don't forget the cutting oil. You are cutting metal after all.

It's just my opinion. Mr. Alfano's advice is rock-solid.

"What right do I have to think?"
-Signor Ugarte,
performed by Peter Lorre in Casablanca
Many Thanks Bro ^_^

Titian

Elite Cafe Member

Hi Master.
Please Suggest me again.
Now I decided to ordered Gravermax G8 then.
One Question I want to know is,
BIAS Knob, When should I used for? and what a result is ?
Many thanks advance Master

Sponsors