Hurricane Isacc

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thanks. Yep, we're in the line alright. As of this time it's not a hurricane, but that could change. The worst thing is that it's moving so slowly.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Landfall Tuesday night. Sam, are the levees good on your side?

For those interested and notTracking the storm yet, Weather Channels Isaac page is at http://www.weather.com/weather/hurricanecentral/storms/2012/ISAAC

Last edited:

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam,

I do hope you, Abigail, and neighbors are spared any damage and danger, and that this present emergency will be less severe than Katrina. I don't know how the roads are now, but my journey to visit with you, not long after Katrina, meant I drove for over an hour on roads whose verges were piles up, sometimes twenty feet high, with a continuous wall of downed timber, presumably to clear the roads. There must have been millions of downed trees in the forests that I could not see. Once in a lifetime should be enough for such calamities, so trusting you will be safe.

Rod

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
here's hoping you wont have to relocate. we're lucky in these parts==all we get are tornadoes. they last but a minute or 2, and then they're gone. nothing like what you folks get hammered with.

lesholmes

Elite Cafe Member
Monk, I remember hurricane Isabel in 2003 (I lived in Laurel, MD). It should have brought heavy rain and 50-60 mph gusts to Washington, PA. Still not like the gulf coast. It appears that Sam still has power in his area.

Les

Sam

Staff member
Yep, we still have power. Getting pretty gusty out there. Not to much rain that this time but it'll get windier with more rain later tonight.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
plaquemines parish is flooded after the levees were topped. This parish is south of Sam by a couple of Parishes. I believe Sam is from St Tammany Parish. Anyone know how Ed and Sam are doing?

Last edited:

Sam

Staff member
I'm fine. I haven't seen anything about Thibodaux (the town where Ed and Emily DeLorge live).

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
NBC news reported that people are being rescued in an area that had a mandatory evacuation. Why were they there? Were they protecting their property or were they handicapped and couldn't leave?

CJ Tate

Elite Cafe Member
God Bless and protect all of you La and MS engravers. I'm keeping up with reports because my son lives in Baton Rouge. He works for a great D&A treatment facility there and called this morning to say they evacuated everyone at last night at 6pm to neighboring northern state. I feel blessed he was included in evacuation but am still praying for everyone there.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks like it is hitting Baton Rouge now. New Orleans still on the backside. Now there saying Arkansas is in the path. Hope everyone is on high ground.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beathard......your local CNN internet weatherman. :)

I just heard from my son who lives in River Ridge. No flooding which is why he chose to live there. They are without power and had a large limb fall on the roof with no apparent damage. His neighbor, a widow, had 3 large limbs on hers with substantial damage. Otherwise, he says it's no big deal.....just another day in the sunken city.

Robert Morales

Elite Cafe Member
....... Looks like it is hitting Baton Rouge now. New Orleans still on the backside. Now there saying Arkansas is in the path. Hope everyone is on high ground.

Yep, the much needed rain is heading my way! Luckily I'm a few hundred feet above the river level. I grew up in Miami and have family there, I've been thru a few. So, as Isaac and all before him head for the mainland I watch intently.

Artemiss

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, am I right in thinking you're supposed to be over here in the UK in a couple of days?
Is the hurricane going to influence your trip?

Jo

Sam

Staff member
If the airport is open I should be able to get there, albeit a day later than planned. Right now it's closed and has no power.

Latest posts

Sponsors