Announcement: How to: center work under microscope (finally)

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have learned many things from the forum and I thank you all, after searching and searching I found there are many ways to center your work under microscope, laser and so on.

Here is what worked for me.

Hope it helps others

Please subscribe to my channel on youtube. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBmH3SxyERk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Carlos De La O III

Last edited:

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice video Carlos, I have the same method but instead using a piece of rod I put a red spot with a marker in the middle of my turntable, zoom out, center and zoom back.
I also put a soft cloth under my vise so it moves smoothly, it works great for me too.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Willem

Thats a great idea for turntables with no centering post, or if you loose it somewhere on your work table. ha ha

Texasgerd

Elite Cafe Member
Carlos
You might consider looking for an old drill press to upgrade your base. The drill press' mass and adjustable drill top really helps. Just hit the local classifieds or craigs, pull the power head off (resell it on the classifieds) and you'll really be far along.

Dan

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Carlos
You might consider looking for an old drill press to upgrade your base. The drill press' mass and adjustable drill top really helps. Just hit the local classifieds or craigs, pull the power head off (resell it on the classifieds) and you'll really be far along.

Dan

That's what I've been looking for no luck yet

Carlos De La O III

hsc

thank you for sharing the video is was very good.
steve