Hi from Australia

BeatleJohn

Hi guys im from australia and totally brand to to the world of engraving. So brand new that i dont even have any tools yet!
I currently paint custom artwork on tattoo machine frames and i would love to get into engraving them also.
Is there anyone else from australia here? id like to find some tools locally if possible.
Im currently reading all the threads on setups ect but im greatful to any advice u all would have. Even some good hand tools u could recommend would be awesome until i get the cash for an air graver.
Thanks for reading!!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
g'day, mate. welcome to the forum. we have a few members from your neck of the woods. i've never done one of these, but i don't think you'd need to drop a bucket of cash to get started doing these. search the forum archive, you'll find a few our members have done. send us a few fotos of what you have done. i think many of us would enjoy seeing your work. i'm assuming you to be comfortable with a pencil and paper pad. i'd think drawing the designs for engraving would be quite different from painting them on.

BeatleJohn

hi thanks for the reply and the welcome!
Here is a few of the machines i have painted. These are just the frames. They get sent back to the builder to be made into full machines. I do stencil my artwork onto the frame and just paint straight over the top!

Andrew Biggs

You could try House Of Jewellery in Sydney. They stock most things and are very nice to deal with. I believe they will have a new web site up and running shortly where you can hit the "buy now" button.

Cheers
Andrew

TyG

Elite Cafe Member
Hello mate, there are a few of us over here, spread through Qld, NSW and Vic, even a few in WA. If you need any advice about equipment, and where to get them, drop me a line and I will help all I can. Ty.

Latest posts

Sponsors