Help with foot throttle

Holcberg

Hello

My problem is with the v shape ellement. it wont fixate after in using the allen screw.
is there any idea how to make him stable if the allen fastening went wrong ?

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sometimes the screw hole threads strip out (it’s a plastic part) so the screw can’t be tightened. The only fix is a new part.

Holcberg

I think this is exactly what happened. Can the pedal be canceled or temporarily bypassed?

rweigel

Elite Cafe Member
France (north of Alsace, close to Germany)
I assume that you are using a GRS system. It will not work without throttle. The throttle regulates the amplitude of the pulsating air from the control unit to your handpiece by opening the “bleed” path of the rotating valve more or less to to the open air. Leaving it out will mean constant power all the time, as soon as the motor is started. You could try with disconnected pedal and use the pressure regulator to adjust the power, but I could not imagine engraving that way. Better get the spare part or make yourself a pedal that sqeezes a piece of 3 mm silicon hose tight in resting position and open this this gradually when pushed down. I work with this solution since years and get very good control of the graver power.

The two videos show the first (and still working) version of my pedal. Sorry, audio is in German.

Cheers

Ralf

Latest posts

Sponsors