Hello from the bottom of the earth

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
I am currently working in Punta Arenas Chile. Had a little spare time this morning so I thought I would post some of my practice work that I have done since I have been here. I have been working on my lettering and some scrol work. I know that compared to most on this board I have a long way to go but as I look back over previous practice I do see improvement so here goes.:biggrin:

Please feel free to comment.:handpiece:

Sam thanks for your help. I am trying not to let it be wasted time. I hope you and Abby are doing well.:cool:

This is the most southern tip of the Americas
jim was here.jpg
Scrol Pactice
scrol practice.jpg
Jim was here!
This is as far south as you can go in America.jpg
Lettering Practice
lettering practice.jpg

I Phone pictures are not the best quality but that is all I got.

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Roger

I am helping plan the relocation of a methanol plant from Punta Arenas, Chile to the Geismer area of Louisanna. I have been down here for most of the year and hope to finish up sometime in Feb. or March. of next year.

I finally got an engraving set up to pratice with, not great but better than nothing. I do miss my scope, as you no doubt can tell my work suffers without it. But it may be for the best as it will make me improve my work quallity so it will stand up without magnification.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Greetings, Jim. Nice to hear from you from way down there, and your lettering's looking good!

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
"Be sure to check out the wildlife opportunities while you are there, an amazing place "

And get a look at the animals and plants, too!

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
I did not realize until recently that this is the fly fishing meca of the world. I have never fly fished before but I am fixing to learn. I need to buy a rig to fish with and I no nothing about which rod/reel combo I need for the Salmon down here. So if there are any experts on here please me a heads up the rigs that are available from Cabela's or Bass Pro or somewhere that I can pick something up in the Baton Rouge area. My wife is coming down to be with me on the 10th of this month and I want to bring it when she comes. I would like to keep the rig in the $400 to $500 range so no custom stuff.

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
I am working on it Sam. I forgot to bring my sharpening fixture so I have been sharpening my flats by hand and that is giving me some trouble. I have a hard time keeping it square and sharp all the way accross with good sharp corners. My wife is bringing me my hone and fixture when she comes down so that will fix that problem. The rifle project has been moved up to Feb. of next year so I have to really get the lettering looking better by January. I do not know what your schedule is like in December, I am coming back on the 14th. I would still like to get with you and get pictures of the patch box with your scope camera if possible. I might be able to do it after new years, I just would like to get it done before I cut the lettering on the box.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bama

Hit your nearest Cabela's Fly Fishing shop. I work at the KC Cabela's and our guys give short classes on Saturdays. They'll help you out pretty much any time.

Latest posts

Sponsors