Announcement: Having fun with Hobos

Harpuahound

Elite Cafe Member
I've been having a good time with the Hobos lately, just thought I'd share.

Bunic

Elite Cafe Member
Johnny,

Yikes! Dat firstest one looks like me Pappy! Akakak!!

I love 'em!! Very creative - and so well executed! Tnx!

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Johnny,
It is not easy to give that so expressive look to a face but you have done a beautiful work!
I like very much the heavy cuts and the eyes treatment that is your sign for sure. Congrats!!
Leonardo.

Harpuahound

Elite Cafe Member
This one and the Santa are part of the "Grandma Schipps Family Photos" series. The collector added a bit of story to it. Its posted on the OHNS website.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
hey, harp-- i served on board an lsd with a sailor that looked just like that guy !

AndrosCreations

Elite Cafe Member
Really great cutting and such a nice presentation with the photos... always a pleasure seeing your coins, John. :beerchug:

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great Hobos, I love your style. Making those like you do make me think they are sort of caricature, all a bit exaggerated. You control that very well. I'm a fan of this.

arnaud

Harpuahound

Elite Cafe Member
Andrew and Arnaud you pegged me. After watching a caricture artist for an hour or so in Orlando Fl, I convinced myself I could do that. And when I moved last year and didnt have my engraving setup at home for half a year. Well I did a LOT of drawing. I did my best to learn caricature drawing and even setup a booth at a local festival drawing caricatures for free. (Bad Idea because kids love free and I was swamped for hours on end) But all that drawing has paid off. Improved drawing skills=improved engraving skills. Thanks for the kind words folks. Im glad the hobos are entertaining.

Paulie

Elite Cafe Member
:tiphat:Wonderful hobo's, HarpuaH.!! You've got a very unique & original style too! Congratulations to you:thumbs up: Greetings, Paulie:beerchug:

Andrew Biggs

Hi Johnny

Yes, all that drawing pays off alright!!!

The very best caricaturist I've ever seen is Mort Drucker that used to draw for Mad magazine. If you are after any study material then snatch up some of his work. It's amazing!!!

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors