Help, please: havig trouble with inlay work in my rings. star tips or any thing with a sharp point.

unclejohn

All Ive been working on are brass and silver low dome 6.5 to 7mm rings. for undercuting I find one with a 40* heel and a 45* face and sharpened just like the one shown in meeks book for inlay work.
Which works the best in my other inlay work. My boarders are .0150 I often put double boarders on each side of the ring as well, Problem with that is it only leaves me with about .060 for my center inlay work. And leaving a little space between inside boarders, gives me no more than .050 for my scroll and leaf inlays. And silver is really tough being so soft to begin with. So how do I undercut anything that ends in and inside pkoint? Hoping someone can save me alot of time...... Thanks Unclejohn

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
your description is a little hard to follow- would you mind posting a sketch to give us a better idea?

unclejohn

Great Ideas, sure nice having so much information at my finger tips. Will update with pics when finished. Thanks so much.

Latest posts

Sponsors