Handpieces on Graver Helper (newbie here)

Cookieamt

I have a pneumatic Graver Helper and my compressor hooked up. When I turn everything on, I get a hammer action then nothing else. What am I doing wrong? image.jpg

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
welcome to the forum. im not familiar with this brand. did you get instructions with it? if so, try rechecking all the connections. is this unit foot operated or palm control? perhaps one of our members can chime in on this. good luck

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
I see the guage is 0, turn the reg until you see the gauge 20 and make sure compressor is on.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
You can try to troubleshoot via GRS documents for their machines, but unfortunately you have a Chinese knockoff which is notoriously bad. You might contact the seller, but most are just selling junk products and are unable to provide support.

rweigel

Elite Cafe Member
France (north of Alsace, close to Germany)
Well, as you have the machine already, you might as well try to get it working.

I use the same machine, bought from ebay many years ago, before I knew about the engraver‘s café. You might take a lead from the GraverMax manual (https://grs.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/004-041_MaxMate.pdf) for the procedure of the pressure regulator adjustement. The machines look similiar (also inside), I guess the GraverMax was the original for the chinese copy.

My machine was non-functional when it arrived. It leaked like hell, the compressor didn‘t almost never shut off. I had a new valve body made from igildur, fixed the broken moter regulator, built a new fine-regulation pedal, fitted an external pressure regulator and so on. Those machines could work, but there is a big „chance“ factor in it.

Good Luck

Ralf

monk

Staff member
Well, as you have the machine already, you might as well try to get it working.

I use the same machine, bought from ebay many years ago, before I knew about the engraver‘s café. You might take a lead from the GraverMax manual (https://grs.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/004-041_MaxMate.pdf) for the procedure of the pressure regulator adjustement. The machines look similiar (also inside), I guess the GraverMax was the original for the chinese copy.

My machine was non-functional when it arrived. It leaked like hell, the compressor didn‘t almost never shut off. I had a new valve body made from igildur, fixed the broken moter regulator, built a new fine-regulation pedal, fitted an external pressure regulator and so on. Those machines could work, but there is a big „chance“ factor in it.

Good Luck
every newbie should be required to read your reply
Ralf

Cookieamt

Thank you everyone for you inputs. I guess you get what you pay for. I should know better when it comes to things like this. Next holiday is birthday!!! Got to get me a real one!!!

Sponsors