Hand Engraving Brescia, Italy - Lorenzo Gamba

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
On Gamba's post it says:

"Lavorazioni e incisioni artistiche eseguite esclusivamente a mano su fucili da caccia."

Translation:
work and artistic engraving executed exclusively by hand, on hunting rifles.

In theory that means hammer and chisel, although pneumatic is a hand tool. :hammer: :handpiece:

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Not sure you can read a tool into it. Since he's in Italy on may guess hammer and chisel, but saying by hand doesn't mean much. Could be pushing a graver or ?

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Pretty much all Brescian gun engravers work with H&C and burin. That is the way they are trained at Bottega Cesare Giovanelli. While visiting many Italian gun engravers, I didn't see any indication of any using power assisted gravers. They can do much of their work with a burin (bulino) because they all work for gunmakers who provide the polished parts in the soft state, unlike American engravers who have to work in a secondary market on guns that are already hardened. Also, very few use a microscope prefering to do figures and scenes holding a loupe in the off hand. I did see one microscope in the workshop of the Pedretti family.

FWIW: As I understand it, fucili da caccia means shotguns in English. A rifle is usually called a carabina but guns in general are fucili.

Cheers,
Roger

Lorenzo Gamba

Address: Gamba Lorenzo-Via Santa Giulia 11- 25058
Engraver:perazzi-Beretta-Galazan U.S.A.-Luciano Bosis-Perugini & Visini-Vincenzo Bernardelli-S.Zanotti-Holland&Holland-Blaser-Mauser-Kemen U.S.A.-AYA- B.Rizzini-Renato Gamba-Hill Knives-P.Zanardini-Abbiatico&Salvinelli-Lebeau Courally -Sergio Consoli knives-ecc.
Lorenzo Gamba was born in Marone(Brescia Italy) on June 16th 1954.When he was only 16 yearsald thanks to the help of his uncle,he was "initiated"to the art of theengreving. Then he attentet the "engreving workshop" of Cesare Giovanelli, following the lessons of the greatest engravers.There he learned variaus techniques,as far instance the English scrolls,the gold-inlaug and-engraving. He also followed necessary and fundamental lessons of drawings for any on arifle.Every piece of wark is a new project.First of all it is made a drawing on paper,so as to give to the customer the concrete idea of what the final engraving will be.He can make a choice of engravigs with different techniques on customer's demand,according to the subjects required,ranging from animal of every kind to people's portrait etc..
He also engraves on shotguns and rifles,collevtion knives,goldsmithry(on any type of material) for the guns' company in Gardone V. T.(Brescia)-U.S.A.-England –Russia-Ukraina-Svezia-Germany-Austria-Belgio-Spagna.Etc...
Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation and looking forward to hearing from you soon I remain.
Best Regards.
Lorenzo Gamba
www.armieincisionilorenzogamba.it (64 photos engraving) facebook .- Lorenzo Gamba Engraving-----page facebook: Engraving -Gravure -Graviurung -Incisore fucili caccia

Address: Gamba Lorenzo-Via Santa Giulia 11- 25058 Sulzano- Bs.- Italy
Tel 0039 030 985811 -Email:lorenzogamba1@virgilio.it

Lorenzo Gamba

Address: Gamba Lorenzo-Via Santa Giulia 11- 25058
I will be in Las Vegas on February 4/7 for the SCI convention

I'm looking for hospitality to have a chance to stay in U.S.A. for some time, teaching my knowledge as engraver and doing some engraving
I do not speak properly English

Convention - Safari Club International 2015 -
4/7 February .....Las Vegas -U.S.A.
Fierce Products/Rizzini USA
Booth 3029....
demonstrations engraver Lorenzo Gamba

I do not speak English
I am very interested
I would like to work with you to work engraving
I can remain with Us tourist permit 90 days
I certainly would need confirmation for jobs
I need accommodation where to stay and eat