Hammer and chisel engraving class by Weldon Lister

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Y'all
As y'all probably know, I have been trying to get a hammer and chisel teacher for the new guys and gals.
Today Weldon Lister said okay, IF I round up the students.

This will be a very basic class taught over three days, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, dates to be announced. There are three stations available for students. You will learn BASIC- tool geometry, sharpening, layout,cutting and inlaying. Enough to give a person a foundation to build on.
Weldon studied under his father, Big Bill Lister, who worked closely with the famed Frank Hendricks. This will give those who attend a chance to work with a world class master engraver, learning the basics of hammer and chisel techniques at a very reasonable cost.
Cost of the school will be $1, 500.00, with the student being responsible for his/her meals and accomadations. There are numerous hotels and cafes/restaurants nearby. A $500.00 non-refundable deposit is required.

Folks, I could write pages of good things to say about Weldon, but I'll let his work speak for itself. Just scroll back to Weldon's latest Colt pistol and see how many hits his artwork received.

Add roughly another $750.00 to the cost of this school and you will have the necessary tools and basic knowledge to begin your journey in engraving.

Serious inquiries contact Jeff Turner "thekokopellicowboy@gmail.com"

A list of what to bring will be furnished upon receipt of your deposit. :hammer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This will be an intro class using the most basic tooling, nothing fancy.... Old-school methods & techniques all the way!

Looking at doing a couple of these a year, (no more than four) with a max of three students per class.
The classes will be in my studio located in the Hill country of Central Texas.

Thanks,
Weldon

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
anybody who has looked at the body of work posted by weldon, will surely know they're getting the very best instruction. his bracelets, for example, are just beautiful to look at.

Latest posts

Sponsors