GRS Gravermeister restoration, modifications, help

Toolrestorerjack

I am restoring and improving my Gravermeister, where needed. I have lathes, milling machine, shaper, etc., so am able to modify most anything. For starters, I want to modify the older slower speed valve on gravermeister, to a faster speed valve. Will you tell me the outside diameter of the newer faster speed valve on your Gravermeister? I think it is a little larger dia. than the earlier version valve.
More importantly, can you give me any clues as to what GRS may have done, internaly, to the valve, to allow for double the speed of the older original slower speed valve? My initial thought was to make internal bore of valve larger in dia., to allow Two identical cuts into the arbor, which could be done with a larger dia. arbor spinning in the valve bore. If you are unable to suggest anything, could you refer me to someone who could possibly know what information I seek?

mtlctr

Elite Cafe Member
If it’s proprietary information they probably won’t release it.

Aventuraal

GRS may not be able to help you......I read recently somewhere (here?) that GRS is no longer offering the valve upgrade, at least in-house; apparently they were having warranty problems. You may still be able to get the kit for your own use, however. Can't hurt to try.

Latest posts

Sponsors