GRS flat gravers

azarel444

I ordered a grs N20 flat graver and it just came in. The part that goes into the handpiece is flat and large and doesnt fit in either of my handpieces. Do these need a specific handpiece to work with? Its much larger than all my other gravers. Said it was for pnumatic and not hand push so im not sure how im supposed to get this thing into a handpiece. One hand piece has the round hole with quick connect and the other has the v cut hole for square gravers. It doesnt fit into either. Ive included an image of the graver as it came. Do i have to cut this thing to size and grind it down to fit?

Attachments

• 413vkdkIl1S._AC_SX522_.jpg
    413vkdkIl1S._AC_SX522_.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
it does not look like the type that goes into a power hand piece. Rather a standard push graver type handle. The tang section should be either square or round to fit the collete

azarel444

it does not look like the type that goes into a power hand piece. Rather a standard push graver type handle. The tang section should be either square or round to fit the collete
It was sold as for powered handpieces so i assumed it would be. I guess if i snap it off smaller and grind it into the proper shape to fit it should work no?

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sold by whom ?????? Was this bought online like on Ebay??
You can regrind the tang sq so it fits the collete that you use. Also don't fret over snapping off the front end to make it the rightsize for your hand. We do that all the time. One size does not fit all.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
cut it in half with a thin diamond wheel.. this way you get 2 graverss for thee price of 1.

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
If you bought it from GRS, try to return it and get the C-Max ones that are made to slip into the holders.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The grave you ordered it’s not a Graver for a pneumatic hand piece it’ is a Graver for push hand piece send it back and order a new one

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Back when I studied with Brian Marshall, he taught us how to modify push gravers to work with a pnuematic handpiece. There are many push gravers that are not available otherwise and it is easier to modify an existing profile rather than try to grind a new one.

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
413vkdkIl1S._AC_SX522_.jpg
A picture to help. Cut or grind the back part. So it will fit in the Qc-collet.
Make sure that the end of the graver touches the bottom of the Qc-collet so the power is transmitted efficiently to the graver. As other people have said you can cut it to the length you want. If you cut it in half you can indeed make 2 gravers out of 1. For the extra graver also grind the back to fit inside your Qc-collet.

azarel444

View attachment 51699
A picture to help. Cut or grind the back part. So it will fit in the Qc-collet.
Make sure that the end of the graver touches the bottom of the Qc-collet so the power is transmitted efficiently to the graver. As other people have said you can cut it to the length you want. If you cut it in half you can indeed make 2 gravers out of 1. For the extra graver also grind the back to fit inside your Qc-collet.
I am going to cut it and make 2 gravers out of it. This seems like a much better option than waiting to send it back and get a new one.

Sponsors