ago I bought a Monarch and pretty much set the 801 aside. I've been doing
more heavy background removal lately and tried the 801 on it. It is easier
on my hand since it is a heavier handpiece than the Monarch. I would like
to know if it would be worth buying a 901 or is its power similar to the
801? Thanks

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Robert: The 801 is closer in performance to the 901 than the Monarch. In my opinion it will be well worth upgrading as the 901 has a very wide power range and much improved performance over the old 801. I have put thousands of hours on an 801 and it's still a workhorse, but the 901 is considerably better. / ~Sam

Tom Curran

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, your picture makes it hard for me to write anything serious.......

But I digress....

I have only the 901, and was thinking about getting the Monarch for finer work, and eventually converting to Airtact.

I feel I have to go to a GRS demo somewhere and try the Airtact first, before springing for it and the handpiece.

My question is, after all that: Is the Monarch different enough from the 901 to be worth getting?

Tom

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Tom: Yes, the Monarch is a great little handpiece for shading. I use the 901 for general work, but switch to the Monarch when it's shading time. The combination of its weight, control, and size make shading a joy.

If you're ever in Louisiana let me know. I'll be happy to let you test my Airtact system.

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tom, Next time I'm up to NY I can throw the airtact and the monarch in the car. I should be up there in a couple of weeks on my way to the Mystic Seaport wooden boat show June 26-28th. I'll be there with the classic racing yacht Elf. :)

Latest posts

Sponsors