Great resource to view Nimschke engraving

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
There is an auction coming up soon including perhaps the largest, most notable collection of William Scagel knives owned by Scagel's friend/physician Dr. James Lucie.

Anyway, in looking through the huge catalog of guns to find the knives, I saw several engraved by Nimschke as well as some engraved by early Colt engravers such as Glahn.

By "registering" you can search current and past catalogs which I did. The close up photos are quite good.

Check them out here: http://jamesdjulia.com

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You will now be added to their email notification system Peter. They have some really fine auctions with rare and beautiful pieces. I always look forward to browsing the catalogs myself. Thanks Fred

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Another website that you can find some nice Nimschke engravings is on LeRoy Merz's website: LeRoy Merz Antique Firearms

He's located in Fergus Falls, MN. He's the largest and perhaps oldest dealer of antique Winchesters and regularly has a lot of nice old engraved guns in stock.

His son Brian works in Fargo at the Chrysler dealership and sold me my last new vehicle. :)

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
if i could go back in time to visit those passed on, nimschke is the one i'd visit. he would not likely have had the time to chat much, but what a trip into engraving history. he is my very favorite.

Latest posts

Sponsors