Question: gravermeister

blazer35

I want to get into power engraving, but I noticed the graver mach is mentioned more then the gravermeister. Please tell me witch is better, can't afford the Lindsay palm graver or other systems he has. I get the impression that the compressor is built in on the gravermeister, and I would need a compressor for the graqvermach. Is the compressor on the gravermeister to loud to have in the same room with you? Anything at all I should know about either one would be great help. I've tried H&C for awhile but need to move on. This forum is the best of all.

Pollum

Did you consider NgraveR? Check them out at ngraver.com I've had the Magna Graver II with varipact for almost a year now and I love it. Because you are somewhat tethered by the flex shaft it doesn't feel as free as the graver -miester -max, or lindsay. But there's no compressor to buy and there's lots of power.

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
The Gravermeister has a small compressor attached. Is is loud, but not past what one can get used to, although somebody sleeping in the next room might have problems. The newer ones go up to 2400 strokes/min, which is plenty fast enough for most applications. I have a gravermax, but used the 'Meister' at work for many years, and it is a well made work horse that doesn't require any more than it has. If it comes with a quick change handpiece it should work for you for many years, or until you decide to afford to upgrade.

That is the problem. They are always improving the products, and the new ones are almost always better, in some fashion, and most engravers and jewelers are tool junkies. I never saw a new tool I didn't want to at least try.

The gravermeister is an affordable way to enter the world of power assisted engraving. There are drawbacks, but you will get your money's worth.

Will

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have been using my Meister for about ten years now. It was what I could afford and have never regretted its purchase. There are ways that many of the Masters have shared of reducing the compressors noise. I have mine partially enclosed in milk create with sound deadening foam and it helps a lot but you get used to it. Will upgrade this year some time but love that old Meister, it has served me very well. It is far under rated by the voices on the forums in my opinion. Fred

If you are going to be at Engrave in would be happy to through in car so you could try-Fred

Last edited:

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Blazer, I used the 'meister for 30 years and it is a great machine. I reduced the noise level by placing it under the workbench and routing an exhaust hose from the machine out a window. The hose took all the oil smell and much of the noise out of the room. I still have it and it still works just fine after all these 35 years.

PS...the work shown on my avatar was done with the 'meister.

Last edited:

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't know about the Meister but I use the Graversmith with a small oil-les compressor.
Sure the compressor is not a silent one, but you can buy one new for less than 100$
You can put the compressor in the garage or whatever and it will be silent.

I also have considered the GraverMeister, but Alexandre advised to go for the GraverSmith and I have never regret it. I only use one handpiece (901) alos for fine shading.

arnaud

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I never see anyone mention the System 3 from GRS. Is it worth a darn?
Seems like the ideal entry level system with 3 springs and 2 hammers.

I consider a large air compressor a totally separate investment because you will use it long term for a variety of operations, not all of which are engraving related; ie, spray equipment, die grinders, sanders, automotive air tools, etc.

Latest posts

Sponsors