Gravermach AT to have the ability to stand while working?

Dad of 3

Elite Cafe Member
I like the idea of being able to stand and engrave when I want as that is what I'm doing now. Doesn't seem like it makes sense to but a new machine then add another airtact box. Maybe I would rather sit while engraving if I had a powered unit I don't know. Does the airtact have better or less control than using a footpedal for the average person? I have been leaning toward the Graversmith with a seperate rotary disc pedal for a rotary tool but i could get a gavermach AT instead if the airtact would work well for me.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Never heard of an average person. I use an airtact and find the control sensitivity to my liking much more than searching for a foot control. But then again I am also used to pushing by hand. I also know some engravers that hate the hand control and love the foot throttle. That is what they are used to. So you have to try both and see what you get the best results with. Not much help to you huh? I also use a 6 foot hose on my machine which GRS says will not work properly but I cant tell any difference so use what works for you in any position that feels comfortable. As far as FINITE control goes. Here is a piece with Foot control, Hand control and push by hand. Which is which?

Attachments

• prospector 8.jpg
    prospector 8.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 116

Andrew Biggs

I think you are way over thinking this whole thing and putting the cart before the horse.

Buy a GraverSmith (as in another of your posts) or a GraverMach or a second hand piece of kit.........learn how to use it and learn your techniques. Goodness knows that is going to take you long enough without angsting about everything else.

Sitting, standing, foot control, hand control, hand push, standing on your head or eating Weetbix for breakfast................ Everything else will take care of itself over time.

The only way you are actually going to find any of the answers you seek..........is by just doing it. :)

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors