Graduation time

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Hello friends,
I was asked by Rod a little while ago what I'd been up to so here is some of the stuff I've been doing. These two designs were for a graduation gift ..... yet to come so keep it hush :eek:..... the heart was the first drawn and was the accepted choice. I kind of liked the other one also so I just changed the word and made it also. They are both 24 ga. sterling silver.
Enjoy
Mark

Attachments

• 20130513_3.jpg
    20130513_3.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 20130513_5.jpg
    20130513_5.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 175

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Really nice!

Now you need to make a "Charity" model to make a set of these. I think they'd sell really well!

Errr....Nevermind, that'd be faith, hope and charity Lack of coffe and sleep will do that!

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Nicely done indeed. If you'd adjust the white balance on your camera your work would look even better.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice work. I really like to see pierced and engraved pieces. When I was a young jeweler, piercing engraved monograms was my first job. I think it's one of the reasons I fell in love with engraving early on. I've liked this look ever since. Yours are very nice examples and you should have some happy graduates!

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks everyone, yes, this gal is a close friend's daughter that I've known all her life so this is a very special piece.
Sam, I've tried to set the white balance to the kelvin of the lamps I'm using and still don't have it correct. I'll have to play with it some more, I haven't tried to correct anything with these photos more of a record of work. Yes if one is to be a professional in ones craft they should present such so when the time comes I'll send to the pro for great photos ..... maybe, did I say I was frugal? Seems auto mode works better for nature color but I'm trying to learn more on using other options. I'm using a Panasonic FZ 40 ..... heck have enough trouble with glare, lol, probably ought to break down and get a real lightbox set up with decent lights at some point. Thanks for the direction.
Mark

mrthe

Very nice ! I like very much your personal style very cool gifts!

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you, Mark,

For letting us see what you have been up too. Terrific! You certainly have your own unique style with subtle asymmetry. I like them both. When I look at the right hand image, my mind wants to see the upper torso of some extravagantly armored shining knight with broad shoulders, mounted on an unseen steed, and off to rescue a fair damsel in distress? No? Maybe it might be something to do with that extra cappuccino I had with lunch.

Every good wish!

Rod