Gold trophy buckle

Darren

Elite Cafe Member
Sterling base, edge and lettering.
14k green 10k yellow and red
and a bunch of stones. Thanks for looking.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Darren,

This is as good as it gets in top quality complex buckle fabrication, congratulations! I am going to assume you are daily working at this top quality level.

It would make a very interesting tutorial to see your process?

Just for an example, might I ask, in building the graduated spherical outside border, are the silver beads individually set, and do you make your own silver spheres.

I will never get anywhere near this quality in buckle making, as my main work is elsewhere, yet I am fascinated to learn your approach in how the buckle is built up.

Thank you, and best wishes.

Rod

l. bacon

Darren, That is one beautiful buckle. The roper that won that should be really happy with it. I really like your design. It has a lot going on that I didn't notice in my first look: the piggin string around the initials, the lettering interrupting the border, the stone work, and the design of the filigree gold overlay. It is just beautiful and the workmanship is great. Thanks for showing.

Larry

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Forgot to mention, Darren,

Your avatar photo is about the most perfect bright cut I have ever seen, and an inspiration.

Do you have any extended photo albums we could see?

I would say that anyone doing private practice bright cut should be studying your avatar, as a goal to aim towards.

best

Rod

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
If you're doin the BFI, you're probably doin George's little ropin.

If not, you should be! :beerchug:

FANTASTIC WORK!

Darren

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you very much guys.

Rod; Although I am not to darn bad with a torch, I can't take credit for the fabrication. We are very fortunate to have a couple
darn good silversmiths working with us, I am afraid that I can only take credit fort the engraving and stone setting on this one.
Thanks again

PS, Rod, here is a picture of the back of a buckle that I took the Avatar from.

Latest posts

Sponsors