garage air raid-falcons

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Air raid this time. I used the enset for most of this work. I did one of the smaller birds completely by stipple and it was not quite the look I wanted. Some lines were mixed in and then to me it looked better. I suppose there are places where 100% stipple may work just as there are places 100% lines works well, many times some combination will give the desired look. I have used the enset for both lines and stipple and it does both well. It really shines in the stipple work. I have not yet used it for any significant amount of scrollwork and reserve judgement at this point. My understanding is this knife will go to a client very familiar with falconery and has Arab ties so the circular design is a flavor of traditional Arabic symbol/ design.

Attachments

• DSC_0075.jpg
    DSC_0075.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 342
  • DSC_0077.jpg
    DSC_0077.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 343
  • DSC_0074.jpg
    DSC_0074.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 344
  • DSC_0068.jpg
    DSC_0068.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 342

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Lee they look great!. I am glad the tool is working well for what you have done with it so far. Here are a couple of pictures of the head of a pheasant I did which is completley stippled using the tool . I have been working on a geometry that doesn't raise enough of a bur to matter. I did cut some lines on the edges to give it more deoth. I agree that a combination is the wau to go.

Paulie

Elite Cafe Member
:tiphat: Wow that's some nice work, Lee! I love the falcons, I thought that the technique you used for those birds is similar & looks very much like bulino. Greetings Paulie

Latest posts

Sponsors