FYI 4 DIY Vise Builders

PAUL LANTUCH

Elite Cafe Member
The best one is a "Craftsman" from the Sears, cost about $40.-

Vise is sliding on the oil lubricated platform.

Last edited:

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My engraving bench is 36 inches deep and 72 inches long and I can't see the wood anywhere but around my power hone disk rack. Nice set up. Thanks for the humiliating picture. Now my daughter and shop mate says clean it up.- Fred

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Craftsman - I love it, especially when you put it on the rotatable base! :fastgraver:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Paul, I went to Sears for sanding disks and ask the salesman about vises and I don't think they make this any more. J.J.

Southtexas

Elite Cafe Member
JJ, I was able to order one online at $38... Sears.com, search Craftsman Vises, free store pickup in about a week. They did confirm the order so there are some out there available. There are 2 in stock at a store relatively close but I'm not able to travel that far so I'll wait a week.
Cliff

JJ Roberts

Sears Vices

Cliff,Thanks I check out the Sears web. J.J.If you like your guns you can keep them.:biggrin:

JJ Roberts

I could'nt find the 4" tilting drilling machine vise on the Sears tool site,but fond it at Bolton Hardware 1-800-471-4070 part# SKU#QKD-4 PRICE $60.00.This vise would be perfect for H&C engraving when mounted to a pedestal. J.J.

Southtexas

Elite Cafe Member
I can appreciate that. I don't do any guns, yet. And if I ever do they will only be my own so that's not a big deal for me. I'll likely use my 3" mostly on the drill press. Been wanting one for that use but hadn't seen this good a price. And, as usual, I can resist anything but temptation... so I bought one.
The initial vise in this thread is more the price I was finding, and I'm sure well worth the money. It does seem to be much higher quality.
Cliff

Sponsors