Fun Project

T.G.III

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Took about a year off of cutting due to familial obligations, this was a fun little project to reacquaint myself with the process, this is a 3.5oz 304 stainless flask, it was a cold start project (no warmups) Christmas present for the squeeze, finished up about midnight Christmas Eve/Day.

flask.jpg

monk

Staff member
what a great looking item. i think scotch would go much better in the flask. itook a second look. the shading is very good as it makes for very real lookin depth

T.G.III

Thanks for the kind comments, the layout for the lettering on "Sweet" is a bit mis-aligned but I am happy with the overall look, there were three separate transfers on this project.

Yeah Monk, she rides horses and used this flask for kool-aid of all things.

Difficult to photograph a curved surface, need more practice with that aspect of this art as well.

Looks better in person.

T.G.III

out of curiosity: did You leave the flask empty for engraving? Or did you fill it with something (water, sand, low melting stuff…) to dampen noise and get more impact from your graver handpiece?

Cheers

Ralf
Filled with water, completely submerged so when the cap was secured a minimal amount of positive pressure was created.

Latest posts

Sponsors