Critique Request Fresh of the bench...tarot pendant

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
This looks amazing. I have some stainless pendant blanks i got from amazon that did not state what type of steel they are. Needless to say i can barely do anything but cut very shallow lines into it. They are stamping blanks but are so hard they break every graver tip ive tried on them. Super frustrating.
I wouldn't be surprised if they came from the same supplier. When first starting to cut these, I broke a tip every mm or so. Once you get used to it, you can drive lines in all day without even breaking a sweat, let alone a graver tip...hahahaha

azarel444

I wouldn't be surprised if they came from the same supplier. When first starting to cut these, I broke a tip every mm or so. Once you get used to it, you can drive lines in all day without even breaking a sweat, let alone a graver tip...hahahaha
Man id love to know how you figured it out lol. I cant get a line any deeper than a thin shading line even with multiple passes.

mtlctr

Elite Cafe Member
This looks amazing. I have some stainless pendant blanks i got from amazon that did not state what type of steel they are. Needless to say i can barely do anything but cut very shallow lines into it. They are stamping blanks but are so hard they break every graver tip ive tried on them. Super frustrating.
Try heating to red hot past magnetic so a magnet won’t stick & let it air cool. A propane or better, mapp gas will get you there.
btw, the pendant especially the skull is incredible. Thanks for sharing.
kent

Sageoconnell

Very nice. You can see the tattooer in you in the scroll fold overs. Reminds me of more like a banner, but so amazing.

Latest posts

Sponsors