Fred Adolph shotgun with unusual scroll patern

Mike Frakes

I saw this gun at the Tulsa Gun Show this weekend and was very interested in the Scroll patern. Here are a couple of pictures.

Attachments

• Vinescroll.jpg
    Vinescroll.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 266
  • Vinescroll1.jpg
    Vinescroll1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 259

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is an interesting pattern. It, for some reason reminds me of stock certificates. Not the style so much but the feeling. Wonder who did the cutting?- Fred

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Kornbrath engraved many of Fred Adolph's firearms but this is not one of them,maybe sent back to Germany to an engraver there.Thanks for sharing.J.J.

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's a great looking design. Fairly simple scroll design that really frames the game scene nicely.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
ThundraTreker, I found that gun owners quit often prefer shading that can be seen at arms length over the micro shading variety. Most of the work I do, whether gun, knife or horse and harness gear has required a bolder shading technique. Seems, for my customers at least, want it to be seen from a little more distance than the collector group. Because of a serious neck issue a scope is pretty mandatory for me so keeping the boulder shading can be difficult and requires a lot of checking to make sue I am not to fine with my shading. Wish I had a collector or two but not. Fred

Latest posts

Sponsors