Announcement: Forum software upgrade

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
awwwww, man! this isn't gonna be another one of those "new, improved!!" versions of something where everything is more different than better and my cyber-challenged brain can't figure it out? again. [heavy sigh...]

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
The old software was many years old and not upgrading was not an option. Believe me, I would much rather have kept the several hundred dollars it cost me to make the switch.

We'll figure it out. It's just as new to me as it is everyone else.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Sam, thank you for all the work and expense of updating the Cafe family meeting place.
It will take a little time for this Luddite to get the hang of this new place.
The new format looks good and I hope it works well for you.

Sam

Staff member
Sam, thank you for all the work and expense of updating the Cafe family meeting place.
It will take a little time for this Luddite to get the hang of this new place.
The new format looks good and I hope it works well for you.

Thank you John! It'll take awhile to get things in order. I appreciate everyone's patience as I work through it. Sorry everyone has to be a NEW MEMBER again. I don't know if there's any way around that but I'm looking :)

I'll have to update our smilies, too. o_O:rolleyes::eek::p

Jahn Baker

Elite Cafe Member
Well Sam, since the only true constant in the universe is change, it seems to me that this is a wonderful thing. Thank you for all the effort you've put into creating and maintaining, and now upgrading our "home away from home"! It's much appreciated!

Sam

Staff member
Sam, It seems to load faster, & I didn't notice anything missing! Great Job!

Thanks Scott! Yeah it's loading faster for me as well. The old software was getting slow and bloated and so far I'm happy with the upgrade.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
So far I haven't found the slot for the computer designed images such as Sam's airport drawings and Doc Mark's computer paintings.
Someone head me in the right direction please.

Sam

Staff member
So far I haven't found the slot for the computer designed images such as Sam's airport drawings and Doc Mark's computer paintings.
Someone head me in the right direction please.
John: the various forums can be found by clicking on FORUMS in the blue bar on the top left.

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
Well, it seems that I successfully logged onto the new site. I hope that all continues in like fashion, and no nightmares crop up. Time will tell!

Reactions: Sam

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just used it for the first time in the Wildlife thread and LOVE THE NEW PHOTO UPLOAD PROCESS. Thanks! that alone was worth the change.

on a related note: assuming i can find all the photos i've uploaded over the years, is there now a way to delete about 90+% that no longer need to be on this site? it might really ease the burden on bandwidth(?) if we could all clean out our photo closets. i tried to do that awhile back and just couldn't seem to delete them from the system...

Sam

Staff member
Just used it for the first time in the Wildlife thread and LOVE THE NEW PHOTO UPLOAD PROCESS. Thanks! that alone was worth the change.

on a related note: assuming i can find all the photos i've uploaded over the years, is there now a way to delete about 90+% that no longer need to be on this site? it might really ease the burden on bandwidth(?) if we could all clean out our photo closets. i tried to do that awhile back and just couldn't seem to delete them from the system...

I don't know of an easy way to do that Mitch but I'll investigate.

Yes, the photo upload process is streamlined. Our other software was many years old and things have gotten better.

Got our old smilies back!

:happyvise: :handpiece: :hammerchisel: :fastgraver: :drawing: :chip: :pencil:

Last edited:

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
"assuming i can find all the photos i've uploaded over the years"

tried looking for those and was not successful. if they haven't been lost permanently, where would i find them? i used to get to them thru "Manage Attachments" in the Go Advanced reply option, but now with a one-click "Attach files" button that's no longer where it was.

i'd like to get rid of dozens of shots of stuff i put up for sale, things that were only for one brief thread, etc. as i said, probably over 90% of the pics in my attachments file could/should be deleted.

Sam

Staff member
"assuming i can find all the photos i've uploaded over the years"

tried looking for those and was not successful. if they haven't been lost permanently, where would i find them? i used to get to them thru "Manage Attachments" in the Go Advanced reply option, but now with a one-click "Attach files" button that's no longer where it was.

i'd like to get rid of dozens of shots of stuff i put up for sale, things that were only for one brief thread, etc. as i said, probably over 90% of the pics in my attachments file could/should be deleted.

I don't know the answer to that, Mitch. It's possible it could have been done before we changed softwares, but now when I click on the 2,048 messages on your profile it only shows what you've posted since the upgrade.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam.

I've been exploring the new site and found that my old "Cameo Carving, mini tutorial" is missing all but two of the original photos. Is there any way that I can replace the missing photos or just re-do the entire tutorial?

Also, is there a "NEXT" button somewhere, that will allow you to jump to the next thread, similar to what was available on the old software?

Mark

Sam

Staff member
Sam.

I've been exploring the new site and found that my old "Cameo Carving, mini tutorial" is missing all but two of the original photos. Is there any way that I can replace the missing photos or just re-do the entire tutorial?

Also, is there a "NEXT" button somewhere, that will allow you to jump to the next thread, similar to what was available on the old software?

Mark

Sorry about the missing pics, Mark. I'll look into it and we'll get 'em replaced one way or the other. I might need you to email them to me.

I don't know about a Next button. I'm still learning it myself.

Sponsors