Flare cutting a Vibrato Tailpiece of Gretsch guitar [photo]

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The lead singer and guitar player Ollie from The Dump Brothers asked Lola to engrave the vibrato tailpiece of his Gretsch guitar.

I gave a lot of help to my daughter Lola to first study the flare cut style, making designs and practising first on a steel plate.
It is that way she progressed and now working on a line Titanium coloured earrings.

Today she finished the vibrato tailpiece although the stainless steel was quite hard to cut. So she learned sharpening her gravers at the same time and now she doesn’t need the potato anymore to put in the gravers in for the night.

I couldn’t show this much smaller than this, thanks for watching.

arnaud

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
she's done a beautiful job on that piece. she should still use the potato at least once every month.

tbear

Great job. I really like the simplicity of the design and how it expands from simple to a more complex development. I have a lot of Sword Fern in my backyard that this reminds me of. Starts out as a few spirals and then turns to more complex fern. Keep up the great work. I like that the design is very organic and not filled with a lot of fussiness.
T

Sponsors